Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Before 31-3-23: Important Deadline and Process
Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Before 31-3-23: March 31, 2023, is coming now and this is a fixed date when your pan should be linked with your Aadhaar, although this process is going on. The Government’s campaign to link Pan and Aadhaar has been going on for a long time, but the government is very strict now about it and now Aadhaar and Pan are being linked after paying the fixed fee of Rs.1000/-, but if you have done so by 31st March 2023 If you do not link your PAN with Aadhaar, then your PAN number will become inoperative.
If your Pan is not linked to your Aadhaar on or before 31st March 2023 then the PAN will be inoperative from 1st April 2023.
Some of the Important Consequences
- You will not be able to file income tax returns (linking PAN and Aadhaar is mandatory and helps in verifying your ITR online via an OTP), your refunds will not be processed now.
- Your TDS, wherever applicable, will be deducted at the higher rate until your PAN is not activated again.
- SEBI has also issued instructions that if Pan and Aadhaar are not linked till 31st March 2023 there may be problems in investing.
- Another consequence, your GST number is also Generated from the pan, so if the pan number becomes inactive, then sooner or later it will be trouble there too.
- In a bank, a PAN number is a major proof of your identity so there can be problems too. Conclusion: Problems related to income tax will start from the same day itself i.e. from 1st April 2023 but some other problems will also come later so you have to be careful in this regard. And linked your Pan and Aadhaar Before 31-3-2023.
Name: Vazna Sayyed
Qualification: Article Assistant
Company: Bashmakh & Co
Location: Shill, Thane.
This is meant purely for general education purposes. While the information is believed to be accurate to the best of my knowledge, I do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Readers should conduct and rely upon their own examination and analysis. This note is not an offer, invitation, advice, or solicitation of any kind. I accept no responsibility for any errors it may contain, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, or for any loss, however, caused or sustained, by the person who relies upon it. This information provided is for the intended recipient for knowledge and guidance purposes only.