HOW TO GET RERA REGISTRATION NUMBER IN MAHARASHTRA?: The RERA in India comes through Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016. Which is passed by the Indian Parliament. One of the important reason for bringing RERA are to protect the interests of home buyers and also boost investments in the real estate sector.
Under this act, the Government of Maharashtra established the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority, which is also known as Maha RERA, for the promotion and regulation of the real estate sector in the state
It is mandatory for every promoter and agent to take registration under RERA.To take RERA registration in Maharashtra the promoter or agent has to follow below steps:
1. Visit https://maharerait.mahaonline.gov.in’s Official Website
2. Select on ‘New Registration’ to create a new user. so you will be directed to a new window, where you have to select ‘User Type’ (promoter/real estate agent/complainant) as the case may be.
3. After that you have to enter all the required information based on your user types selection like State, username, password, mobile and email, etc. then select Create a user.
4. After that you will receive a link on mail for confirmation/verification of the given email id.
5. Only after having verified your email ID, you can log in to your account.
6. After login to your account you have to fill the data in dedicated tabs in the application as below
- Organization details like Name and Type of organization
- Address details of the organization
- Organization’s contact and Bank details
- Organization’s past experience (if any)
- Information regarding members of the organization.
- Complete details regarding the project including FSI details, building details, development work status and project professional details and date of completion of the project etc.
- Upload all the mandatory documents
- Make payment
- After successful payment, you will receive a payment receipt and you can check the status of your application through login
- The application will go through desk-wise scrutiny for approval.
- It will take 7 to 15 days to generate the certificate or Rera number of your project.
Documents Required for Promoter Registration
- PAN Card.
- Legal title report.
- Copy of the layout approval and building plan approval.
- Proforma of the allotment letter and agreement for sale.
- Declaration in Form B.
- Certificates from the architect (Form 1 – mandatory for only ongoing projects).
- Certificates from the architect (Form 4).
- Certificates from the CA (Form 3).
- Certificates from the Engineer (Form 2 – mandatory for only ongoing projects).
- Commencement certificates.
- Others as per the case
Documents Required for Agent Registration
- PAN Card.
- Self-certified copies of all letterheads.
- Self-certified copy of letterhead rubber stamp.
- Incomes tax returns of the last 3 years of declaration.
- Others as per the case
Overview of RERA Registration Requirements in Maharashtra
The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, commonly known as RERA, has brought significant changes to the real estate sector in India, including Maharashtra. RERA aims to protect homebuyers’ interests, promote transparency, and ensure accountability in the real estate industry. In Maharashtra, developers and promoters are required to register their real estate projects under RERA to comply with the law.
The registration requirements under RERA in Maharashtra are stringent and must be adhered to by all developers. The primary criterion for registration is that the project must exceed a specified threshold, which is defined as a plot area of more than 500 square meters or a certain number of units, depending on the city or location. Developers must register each phase of their project separately if the development is planned in multiple phases.
To initiate the registration process, developers must provide extensive documentation, including details of the project, such as land title and ownership, development plan, layout plans, estimated project costs, and timelines for completion. They are also required to submit information on the promoter, including their background, financial statements, and previous experience in real estate.
Furthermore, developers must open a separate bank account for each project to deposit at least 70% of the funds received from homebuyers. This measure ensures that the funds are used solely for the construction and completion of the registered project, preventing diversion of funds to other purposes.
Upon submission of the registration application and payment of the prescribed fees, the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA) scrutinizes the application and verifies the provided information. If the application is found to be compliant with the regulations, MahaRERA issues a unique registration number for the project, along with a certificate of registration.
It is essential to note that non-compliance with RERA registration requirements can lead to severe penalties for developers, including monetary fines and imprisonment. Additionally, unregistered projects are prohibited from advertising and selling units until they obtain the necessary registration.
Overall, the RERA registration requirements in Maharashtra aim to protect the interests of homebuyers and ensure transparency in the real estate sector. By complying with these requirements, developers contribute to a more regulated and accountable environment, fostering trust and confidence among homebuyers.
Rera registration is one of very important registrations of the real estate sector any mistake or misinformation in any field regarding the promoter or project by whether technical error or intentionally made by the applicant will may result in huge penalties it is not advisable to do registration without the help of professionals. We Bashmakh & co-leading chartered accountants in thane. provides total solutions regarding Rera registration, compliances, and certifications, etc. Our team will surely clear all your queries and help you to get your RERA registration number.