The RERA in India comes through Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016. Which is passed by the Indian Parliament. One of the important reason to bringing RERA are to protect the interests of home buyers and also boost investments in the real estate sector.
Under this act, the Government of Maharashtra established the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority, which is also known as Maha RERA, for the promotion and regulation of real estate sector in the state
It is mandatory to every promoter and agent to take registration under RERA.To take RERA registration in Maharashtra the promoter or agent has to follow below steps:
1. Visit https://maharerait.mahaonline.gov.in Official Website
2. Select on ‘New Registration’ to create a new user. so you will be directed to a new window, where you have to select ‘User Type’ (promoter/real estate agent/complainant) as the case may be.
3. After that you have to enter all the required information based on your user type selection like State, username, password, mobile and email etc. then select create user.
4. After that you will receive link on mail for confirmation/verification of given email id.
5. Only after having verified your email ID, you can log in into your account.
6. After login to your account you have to fill the data in dedicated tabs in the application as below
- Organization details like Name and Type of organization
- Address details of organization
- Organization’s contact and Bank details
- Organization’s past experience (if any)
- Information regarding members of organization.
- Complete details regarding project including FSI details, building details, development work status and project professional details and date of completion of project etc.
- Upload all the mandatory documents
- Make payment
- After successful payment you will receive payment receipt and you can check the status of your application through login
- The application will go through the desk wise scrutiny for approval.
- It will take 7 to 15 days to generate the certificate or Rera number of your project.
Documents required for Promoter registration
- PAN Card.
- Legal title report.
- Copy of the layout approval and building plan approval.
- Proforma of the allotment letter and agreement for sale.
- Declaration in Form B.
- Certificates from the architect (Form 1 – mandatory for only ongoing projects).
- Certificates from the architect (Form 4).
- Certificates from the CA (Form 3).
- Certificates from the Engineer (Form 2 – mandatory for only ongoing projects).
- Commencement certificates.
- Others as per case
Documents required for Agent registration
- PAN Card.
- Self-certified copies of all letterheads.
- Self-certified copy of letterhead rubber stamp.
- Incomes tax returns of the last 3 years of declaration.
- Others as per case
Rera registration is one of very important registrations of real estate sector any mistake or misinformation in any filed regarding the promoter or project by whether technical error or intentionally make by applicant will may result in huge penalties it is not advisable to do registration without the help of professionals. We Bashmakh & co leading chartered accountant in thane. provides total solutions regarding Rera registration, compliances and certifications etc. our team will surely clear all your queries and help you to get your RERA registration number.